This document is a quick guide for safely installing and implementing GFI KerioControl Box NG310 UTM appliances.
1. General Safety Instructions
During installation follow these security instructions:
- The appliance should be placed on a flat surface or securely mounted horizontally in a rack enclosure.
- Do not attempt to open or disassemble the appliance for any reason.
- Strictly follow the installation instructions (see section 3).
- Do not place the appliance near a heat source.
- Place the appliance in a ventilated space, making sure that the appliance fans and vents are unobstructed at all times.
- Do not expose the appliance to liquids of any kind.In the event of liquid intrusion,unplug the appliance immediately.
- Verify that the voltage and frequency of the power socket matches the values printed on the power adapter before plugging in the appliance. Use only the power adapter supplied with the appliance.
- Do not place any items on top of the power cable; keep the power cable away from walkways or other areas where it could pose a tripping hazard.
2. Appliance Description
GFI KerioControl Box NG310 - Sub-1U table mountable appliance
Screenshot 1: GFI KerioControl Box NG310 (front)
3. GFI KerioControl Hardware Appliance Installation and Configuration
After you have set the appliance at a suitable place and plugged it into a power outlet according to the safety instructions,it is time to connect it to the network and configure settings.
Screenshot 2: Connecting GFI KerioControl Box NG310 to the network
To configure the appliance:
- Connect the Internet port to the Internet (e.g.DSL or Cable modem) using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the LAN port to the computer that will be used to configure the appliance (see the figures above).
- Turn on the appliance.
Now you have two options:
- Add and manage the appliance through MyKerio. See https://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ControlMyKerio.
- Access the GFI KerioControl Administration through a browser (see below):
- Set the networking preferences for Ethernet on the connected computer to “Automatic DHCP configuration”. (You can change it later after the configuration is complete).
- Renew the DHCP lease on the computer and confirm it has an IP address of 10.10.10.11
- Open a web browser and connect to the GFI KerioControl Administration web interface using the following URL: https://10.10.10.1/admin.
- Ignore the SSL certificate warnings and proceed to the configuration wizard.
- Follow the instructions provided by the wizard and configure the appliance. See https://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ControlActivationWizard.
For troubleshooting purposes, you can use the serial port to connect the console to the appliance. See https://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ControlSerial for details.
For further assistance with configuration refer to additional documentation in https://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ControlManual.