What's new in GFI LanGuard
Released: February 21, 2017
In the latest version of GFI LanGuard, some changes have been introduced to the way licence keys are handled in the product. GFI LanGuard will now make use of account based licence key management, instead of manual inputting of product keys. By logging in with your GFI Customer Account credentials through the product’s interface, you will be able to automatically import your licence keys without manual copy-pasting. In addition to that, when there are changes to the keys (such as increase/decrease of units, or upgraded keys) the product will sync these changes automatically.
Via this update, we have also greatly improved product stability and product quality to ensure you get the smoothest experience when protecting and managing your network with GFI LanGuard. In addition to that, we have also included:
- Sudo support for Linux scans. Enabling deeper control over scanning permissions by allowing admins to setup and use service accounts with sudo rights to conduct scans.
- Post patch deployment reboot options. New post-deployment option to reboot devices only if a reboot is required by a particular patch. This additional option allows IT admins to choose between always rebooting a device, never rebooting a device, or only reboot the device if the patch requires a reboot.
- Web Console access for multi-lingual accounts. Adding the ability for the Web central management console to be accessed (in English) for multilingual accounts.
- Support for Windows Server 2016 Standard/DataCenter.
If you have additional queries about these changes, please do not hesitate to contact us or an authorized GFI Partner directly.
Released: April 21, 2016
The new GFI LanGuard version takes the product to a whole new level. In addition to the existing desktop user interface, this new version is powered by a NEW web-based reporting interface that provides easy remote access and improved scalability.
These new release includes:
- Easy remote access - Access the web-based user interface over a secure (https) connection supported by all major browsers in order to view product dashboards (and data), statuses and reports.
- Centralized reporting - Customers with large networks can install multiple GFI LanGuard instances (sites) and one web console that provides centralized view and aggregated reporting across all instances.
- Improved scalability - The new web based reporting interface has been tested with a database of around 60k and performed well under these conditions.
- User roles and permissions - The new web console integrates with Active Directory users for credentials and authentication meaning customers can configure users’ access to each site through AD. Users can have read only (auditors) or full rights (admins) for each site.
- Concurrent access - This will allow multiple users to use the web console at the same time while allowing multiple IT admins to report on different parts of the network in parallel.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us or an authorized GFI Partner directly.
If you are not using GFI LanGuard, download a FREE 30-day trial to check your business network for any missing patches and vulnerabilities.