Downloads and Upgrades
For product downloads and information about upgrading Exinda Network Orchestrator visit the GFI Upgrade Center.
If you have additional queries about these changes, please do not hesitate to contact us or an authorized GFI Partner directly.
Released: May 24, 2018
The latest release of Exinda Network Orchestrator version 7.4.7 is now available for download.
This new version of Exinda Network Orchestrator includes encryption of personal and sensitive data collected and stored by the product and numerous fixes.
See the Release Notes below for a complete list of updates.
- Added support for encrypting personal/sensitive data stored on the disk
- Monitor -> Subnets drilled in Conversations doesn't show External Hosts
- "Preview" button is not working on HTML response
- Facebook video classifying as HTTPS on 7.4.6
- Real Time Monitor shows double amount of traffic when Acceleration ON
- Subnet summary report under Detailed Subnet Report has no data for last 7 days range
Release Date: March 19, 2018
New Software Features
This new version of Exinda Network Orchestrator includes an update to the chart and reporting functionality by replacing Flash with html5. Quality and stability of the product has also been improved with numerous fixes and improvements.
Release Notes: Version 7.4.6
New features and improvements:
- New: Replacement of Flash with HTML5
- Fix: Telegram app no longer classified as tcp ports
- Fix: Ultrasurf no longer classified as HTTPS
- Fix: Import ssl Cert now working
- Fix: License is not deleted in ExOS VM appliance during upgrade/rollback
- Fix: TCP Efficiency chart displays under Service Levels Section
- Fix: Time range selection for Monitor - Conversations, URLs, and Users appear as expected
- Fix: Datasets display as a line chart
- Fix: Application reconnects after losing connectivity and disabling web UI checkbox
- Fix: Subnets monitoring data synced to cluster member
- Fix: User is able to reboot appliance with kexec
- Fix: Some Facebook traffic no longer shows up as Skype
- Fix: The Exinda WUI is available to login
- Fix: Close SQL TCP port 3306 externally
- Fix: Akamai Content Delivery traffic is no longer classified as Ultrasurf
- Fix: VC report generating TCL code error fixed
- Fix: Time-Range Selection for Scheduled Monitor Reports fixed
- Fix: Able to switch to CLI created factory default config
- Fix: Report Legend on Control Discard Graph
- Fix: TACACS Authentication - password prompt appears
Release Date: December 18, 2017
New Software Features
This new version of Exinda Network Orchestrator includes an update to the classification engine for recognizing network traffic. Exinda Network Orchestrator 7.4.5 identifies and classifies newer, widely used applications such as Amazon Prime Music and other popular applications. Quality and stability of the product has also been improved with numerous fixes and improvements.
See the Change log below for a complete list of updates.
- Use DNS host as Destination in SLA objects
- Network traffic categorization engine upgraded:
- Amazon Prime Music now classified
- iTunesU now correctly classified
- Facebook video, audio, chat and games in separate sub-classifications
- Squid stability improvement - can now change from multi-threaded version of squid to single-threaded version
- SMB database initialization issue fixed
- JBoss memory optimization improved
- Device will no longer Crash and Reboot if Blank Application Group is used in VC
- MIB standard compliance
- Sort processes by memory instead of by CPU
- EMC: Fixed ability to move appliance to groups for version 7.4.4 and above
- Re-aligned the warning message regarding internal host to the left
- Monitor service levels network response (SLA) tab now display’s FQDN
- Exinda now recognizes Psiphon and has been added to supported applications and L7 protocols
Version 7.4.4 Update 2
Released: February 23, 2017
Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
- New L7 Signatures for 7 popular applications
- Improved L7 Signatures for 60 popular applications
Version 7.4.4 Update 1
Released: December 6, 2016
Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
Released: October 4th, 2016
The EdgeCache application (squid) has been upgrade to the latest version to address a number of field related issues.
- New L7 Signatures for 34 popular applications
- Improved L7 Signatures for 42 popular applications
- Deprecated L7 Signatures for 5 applications
And over 25 bug fixes.
Full release notes for version 7.4.4 available here
Released: July 5th, 2016
New Hardware Appliance: Exinda 8063: Designed for Data Center – Up to 20,000 Diagnostic & Control Users & 2,000 Acceleration Users.
- DPI Engine: The appliance now implements a new revision of DPI engine that provides numerous enhancements both to engine performance and signature coverage.
- QX Probe on Appliance: The appliance now allows the QX Probe to run on the vHost. This enables path detection and diagnostics required by QX Boost Lite for Skype for Business.
- Management Data Channel: In applications involving management, the appliance now implements a secure tunnel mechanism for communication to the management entity.
- IPMI Version 2.23 on 3062 and 4062: Enables latest IPMI version on identified appliances.
- New L7 Signatures for 12 popular applications
- Improved L7 Signatures for 92 popular applications
And 18 other bug fixes and minor improvements.
Full release notes for version 7.4.3 available here
Released: March 17, 2016
New Hardware Appliances:
- Exinda 10063: Recommended for Large Data Centers. Can handle up to 10Gbps of traffic for Diagnostics and Shaping and up to 400Mbps for Acceleration.
- Exinda 12063: Our largest physical appliance to date, it can handle up to 15Gbps of Diagnostics and Shaping operations and up to 2 Gbps of Acceleration operations.
New mechanism that better handles DDoS attacks coming from the WAN or from malicious software, preventing the appliance from consuming too much memory.
- New L7 Signatures for 15 popular applications
- Improved L7 Signatures for 15 popular applications
And 6 other bug fixes and minor improvements.
Full release notes for version 7.4.2 available here
Released: December 18, 2015
New set of Exinda Appliance Virtual Images with support for:
- Microsoft Hyper-V: Windows Servers 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2
- EsXI VMWare server: Versions 5.5 and 6.0
- Citrix XENServer: Versions 6.2 and 6.5
New NEM Cards:
- EX-NEM63-G6BP: 6 port RJ45 card. Full-height slot.
- EX-NEM63-G4BPFi-LX: 4 port fibre, single mode/long range. Full-height slot.
- EX-NEM63-G4BPFi: 4 port fibre, multi-mode/ short range. Full-height.
- EX-NEM63-G2BPFI-LX: 2 port fibre, single mode / long range. Full-height and Half-height.
- EX-NEM63-G2BPFI: 2 port fibre, multi-mode / short range. Full-height and Half-height.
- EX-NEM63-G2BP-LP: 2 port RJ45. Full-height and Half-height configuration.
Released: October 21st, 2015
NEW: Inbound QoS works along with Accelerated and Edge Cache Traffic
- When traffic is being accelerated on first pass (data not yet in disk), it now complies fully with Inbound policies.
- On second pass (data already in disk), traffic still flows at full LAN speed.
NEW: FQDN-Based Network Object, simplifying the configuration process of IP subnets.
NEW: Support for a new image format (v2) which is smaller than the previous format (v1).
- New L7 Signatures for 57 popular applications
- Improved L7 Signatures for 23 popular applications
And 22 other bug fixes and minor improvements.
Full release notes for version 7.4.0 available here