- Minimum: Intel Pentium or compatible - 2GHz 32 bit processor.
- Recommended: x64 architecture-based server with Intel 64 architecture or AMD64 platform.
- Minimum: 1GB RAM (dedicated to GFI Archiver)
- Recommended: 3GB RAM (dedicated to GFI Archiver)
- Minimum: 400MB physical disk space (NTFS) for GFI Archiver installation. More space is required for the email databases.
- Recommended: Server with 4 physical drives, with the ability to increase storage space on demand when required.
Supported operating systems (64-Bit):
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 (including R2)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows SBS 2011
NOTE: The server on which GFI Archiver is installed needs to be a domain controller (Active Directory) or connected to one. Alternatively GFI Directory should be installed.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 (incl. service packs)
- Other mail servers supporting IMAP (with journaling-like feature)
- Office 365
- Kerio Connect
- Google Apps for Business™
- SQL Server 2005 or later. SQL Server 2012 Express is highly recommended for organizations. Not included with GFI Archiver installation and is required to be installed as a separate process.
- Firebird – for evaluating organizations with fewer than 25 email users. (This database is bundled and automatically configured by GFI Archiver.)
Other required components:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7
- ASP.Net 4.7
- Internet Information Services (IIS) - World Wide Web services
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 8 or later, Mozilla® Firefox®, Chrome™, or Safari®
- Domain Functional level: 2003 onwards
- Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 - When GFI Archiver is not installed on the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server. Download from: http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=MAR_PreReqMAPICDO
Click here for a full list of system requirements for GFI Archiver.
GFI Archiver client tools system requirements