March 29, 2011 - 12:00
Award-winning antivirus endpoint protection for the life of the PC at a one-off price
GFI Software, a leading IT solutions provider for small and medium-sized enterprises, today launched in the UK markets a new product, GFI VIPRE Antivirus Business Lifetime. This new product is the most cost-effective way for businesses to purchase GFI’s award-winning antivirus solutions, eliminating annual renewal and subscription costs while ensuring continuous protection via software and virus definition updates for the life of each PC*.
VIPRE Business Lifetime is available in two versions: VIPRE Business Lifetime, which includes core antivirus and antispyware functionality; and VIPRE Business Lifetime Premium, which adds features such as a bi-directional firewall, filtering of malicious websites, and intrusion detection (IDS). Each version has the benefit that customers only pay a one-time purchase price for the product and will receive virus definition and software updates for the life of each PC on which it is first installed.
“We are changing how organisations buy and use security software,” said Alex Eckelberry, general manager of GFI’s Security Business Unit. “VIPRE Business Lifetime enables businesses of all sizes to reduce costs and significantly ease the management of their antivirus solutions. Our one-time pricing enables businesses to purchase VIPRE Business licenses for the life of each of their PCs - instead of the industry’s 12-month standard - which delivers a greater return on investment without compromising protection.”
About VIPRE Business Lifetime
VIPRE Business Lifetime is designed to provide the fundamental, necessary desktop malware protection that users need in today's threat environment. Instead of creating a product loaded with bloat and "marketing" features, GFI has focused on core functionality that business users need, including comprehensive malware protection and a centralised management console, without any significant performance penalties. This enables the best protection on the market today with minimal demand on system resources.
Business deployment features include:
· Single agent technology: A single agent delivers all the functionality of the product.
· Multi-site tiering model: Scalable and flexible multi-site tiering model for large-scale deployments that enables distribution of IT workload and incident management.
· Role-based access control: Granular role-based permissions ensure appropriate access and control for all administrators by region and function.
· Policy-based management: Comprehensive policy creation and management functionality gives administrators flexibility to control scheduling of scans and all agent options.
· Full control over configuration options: Access and control agent deployment, threat database updates, quarantined malware, configuration, agent policies, scan scheduling and recommended actions to identified malware threats.
· Multiple deployment methods: Agents can be deployed using silent push install (using either WMI or RPC and admin shares), as an MSI file or a self-extracting executable, or auto-deployed through Active Directory or IP ranges and subnets.
Premium Edition features include:
· Two-way firewall: This fully integrated bi-directional firewall supports 32 and 64-bit environments and protects users from unwanted incoming and outgoing traffic.
· Malicious URL Filtering: Using GFI’s industry-leading ThreatTrack™ database of malicious URLs, Malicious URL Filtering provides a significant additional layer of protection against the rapidly evolving online threat environment. Constantly updated by GFI's malware research labs, ThreatTrack is used by numerous leading security organisations.
· Ad blocking: Ad blocking cleans the clutter on the web, blocking many third-party advertisements from ever appearing while surfing.
· Anti-phishing: Blocks access to known phishing websites by email or through the web browser.
· Cookie settings: Filter persistent cookies, session cookies, foreign cookies and referral information from an originating website.
· IDS (Intrusion Detection System): The desktop IDS functionality of VIPRE provides an additional layer of protection against a wide range of both inbound and outbound malicious internet traffic (such as an attempted exploit).
· HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention): The HIPS functionality protects against an attack vector known as code injection, where an application attempts to "ride-along" the credentials of another application to exploit a system.
Pricing and availability
GFI VIPRE Business Lifetime is available now in the UK from authorised GFI resellers. VIPRE Business Lifetime costs £23.10 per PC. VIPRE Business Premium Lifetime costs £27.72 per PC. Virus definition updates and protection continues for the life of the machine* with no annual renewal fees or additional charges. All prices exclude VAT.
VIPRE is compatible with both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 (inc Service Pack 1).
* Conditions apply
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) via an extensive global partner community. GFI products are available either as on-premise solutions, in the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a strong focus on the unique requirements of SMEs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organisations on a global scale. The company has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world and is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner