Log file submission instructions
- In order to collect logs detailing your issue, reproduce the problem then run the troubleshooter from Start > Programs > GFI [product name] > Troubleshooter.
- Once completed, you will find the output within a "Troubleshooter" folder found in the installation directory of the product.
- Add any other relevant information to the Troubleshooter Folder, such as screenshots sample emails or Windows Event Logs.
- Compress this folder and name it as YY_MM_DD_CompanyName.zip (Example: 09_02_21_abcsoftware.zip). Save this file name as you will need it later.
- Log into the GFI FTP Server in order to upload your file. If using Internet Explorer go to ftp://gfi:email@example.com. For all other FTP software, use the information below.
FTP Server details:
- Note that once connected you will not see any files present either before or after uploading. This is to ensure confidentiality.
- Upload your files. (Again, you will not see the files on the FTP site when finished.
- If logging a new case, please supply the filename (from Step 3) in the appropriate field on the Web Submission Form. If you already have a case, please supply the filename as part of your normal correspondence.