ExOS 7.4.8 Release Notes
Release Date: September 18, 2018
Download the software update ExOS v7.4.8
Size: 696,005,554 bytes
MD5 Hash: 744501b3f21ae51972eeb5dc82ac5368
Supported upgrade versions:
7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.1u1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2u1, 7.0.3, 7.0.3u1 and 7.4.1, 7.4.2, 7.4.3, 7.4.4, 7.4.4u1, 7.4.4u2, 7.4.5, 7.4.6. 7.4.7
2061, 3062, 4010, 4061,4062, 6060, 6062, 8060, 8062, 8063, 10060, 10062, 10063, 12063, all Virtual Appliances.NOTE:
Some older systems with 4GB of RAM (specifically the 2061, 4010, 4061r1 and 4061r2) may experience memory-related issues upon upgrade. If this issue occurs in your system, please contact TAC about a potential memory upgrade for your unit.
Upgrading from a previous version of 7.x, is a direct update to 7.4.7
Upgrading from a version prior to 6.4.3:
- Upgrade from appliance version to 6.4.3, and reboot.
- Upgrade from 6.4.3 to 6.4.6 or 6.4.7, and reboot.
- Upgrade from 6.4.6/6.4.7 to 7.4.7, and reboot.
Upgrading from a 6.x version after 6.4.3:
- Upgrade from appliance version to 6.4.6 or 6.4.7, and reboot.
- Upgrade from 6.4.6 / 6.4.7 to 7.4.7, and reboot.
The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than normal due to the database upgrade that takes place.
v7.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to the Exinda internal protocols. If you are installing v7.x into an x800 estate, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices.
- This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliance(s) to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3.
Summary of Changes
Exinda Network Orchestrator 7.4.8 includes an upgrade of SSH version to 6.9 and a new categorization engine
- OpenSSH upgrade to version 6.9
- Categorization engine upgrade
- Subnet summary report under Detailed Subnet Report has no data for custom ranges
- Changing bridge MTU breaks the device
- Exinda Sending ICMP Unreachable to multiple hosts
- Error message after double encryption blocks other operations
- Insufficient error message for log encryption failure
- Double encryption causes device mount failure after first reboot
- Some applications are missing from Exinda
- Error while creating custom Application in solution center