All outbound faxes fail with a handshaking failure 54, but at the same time all inbound faxes arrive fine.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environment
After a call is placed successfully (which triggers a ringing on the remote side) any errors which occurs during the negotiation phase, transmission phase or cal termination phase are reported as a handshaking error: 54. The handshaking error:54 does not indicate in what stage the error occurred, so a closer look into the available logs files is necessary.
The initial approaches are:
- Check manually whether a user can dial the fax number and can hear a fax tone
- Check if the issue persists only with the fax number in question and if it is reproducible
If issue persists,
- Please open GFI FaxMaker configuration > Lines / Devices > Properties
- Verify for each selected line that the name of the device type ( CAPI profile ) matches with the actual attached device
- Click 'OK' and re-start the GFI FaxMaker services
Incorrect card type specified in the Lines / Devices properties in GFI FaxMaker configuration.