- Microsoft Windows 7 and later
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and later
If you download a file from the Internet or receive one by email, Microsoft Windows can block these for security reasons. Microsoft Windows classifies certain files as unsafe downloads by identifying the file type and the security settings for each file. As a result, the file cannot be accessed, extracted, executed or registered properly.
For example, in the installer log you can see errors like this:
Error 0x80004005: Failed to extract all files from container.
Error 0x80004005: Faild to begin and wait for operation.
Error 0x80004005: Failed to extract payload: a11 from container: WixAttachedContainer Failed to extract payloads from container: WixAttachedContainer to working path:
C:\Users\GFI\Desktop\mailessentials2014_x64.exe, error: 0x80004005
The file needs to be unblocked
before using it. To unblock
- Right-click it in Microsoft Windows Explorer and choose Properties from the context menu
- Click the Unblock button in the lower right-hand corner of the resulting dialog
- Hit OK or Apply
- If the Unblock button is not present, the file is not blocked. You should only unblock files that you trust