What’s new in GFI Archiver
Released: June 27, 2017
This new version of GFI Archiver is a maintenance release that includes several bug fixes and improvements. As well as addresses customer requested fixes. Our focus for this release was on stability improvements and product quality to ensure customer satisfaction.
See the Release Notes below for a complete list of updates.
- FIX: Auditing Report for Retention Policies is not working
- FIX: Archiver is checking the date/time when invitation was sent not the actual time of the event
- FIX: Auditing > Configuration with Configuration Section as "Security": New and Old entries format is not correct
- FIX: Error.Ada.DirectoryFailed in Eventlog after patch
- FIX: No Calendar Items displayed on "Display calendar view"
- FIX: Permission "Connect using IMAP" is not enabled for Auditor role
- FIX: Unable to archive Calendar items
- FIX: Normal Retention is working but no audit entries displayed
- FIX: Unable to download email in MSG format
- FIX: Retention Rule does not run, showing .NET error
- FIX: Mailinsight Report (Email Responsiveness) does not show emails replied under 2 minutes (1 min 59 sec)
- FIX: Custom Date Range is not working on Advanced Search with Archiver DB Archive Stores
- FIX: Unable to download from Tobit Journal - IMAP
- FIX: Calendar items not showing in Calendar View
License keys for GFI Archiver are still supported and no key updates are required.
Downloads and Upgrades:
For product downloads and information about upgrading GFI Archiver, visit the GFI Upgrade Center.
If you have additional queries about these changes, please do not hesitate to contact us or an authorized GFI Partner directly.
Released: January 24, 2017
GFI Archiver 12.1 (build 20161215) is now available for download. Upgrading from previous GFI Archiver versions is supported and handled automatically.
New/updated features and improvements:
- UPDATE: Search engine update enabling much faster searches in the archive as well as the attachments
- UPDATE: Better support for SSL/TLS connections
- NEW: Windows Server 2016 Support.
- FIX: Start menu links to troubleshooter.exe, instead of logcollector.exe
- FIX: Account list does not hold current archive store selected in archive page
- FIX: Archive Assistant not working with %appdata% being redirected via GPO to a network share
- FIX: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_arc_msg_tags' when MAUpdateUsers is consolidating users
- FIX: Other minor fixes.
NOTE: Microsoft Windows 2003 and Microsoft Exchange 2003 is not supported.
Released: February 16, 2016
GFI Software™ maintains its commitment towards ensuring our solutions are compatible with the latest Microsoft® platforms as well as investing towards continuous improvement of its products and solutions. The release of the latest version of GFI Archiver 12 does this and more.
This new updated version includes:
- Support for new Microsoft Platforms such as Microsoft Exchange® 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2016 and Microsoft Windows 10.
- Improved search functionality, giving quicker results to end users and administrators conducting a search query.
- Additional bug fixes and enhancements.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Version 2015 SR1
Released: February 24, 2015
GFI Archiver 2015 SR1 ships with the following updated features and improvements.
Search and Index Language Analyzer can be turned OFF and ON
- FIX: When using GFI Directory Service or Office 365 some MailInsights reports were not accurate if users had a proxy email address.
- FIX: Under certain conditions, schedule is not being saved for Monthly and Weekly scope.
- FIX: In User Traffic Report when having large volume of users.
- FIX: Search for certain Japanese and Chinese characters yields no results.
- FIX: Searching for strings which contain the . (period) character
- FIX: FAA failed to use the correct file path if it contained UNICODE characters.
- FIX: FAA and Outlook Connector delayed for hours to synchronize mailbox for the first time because of time zone difference.
- FIX: IMAP: MArc.IMAP.exe crashes when IMAP client requests certain emails
- FIX: Microsoft Outlook crashes when Outlook Connector is installed aside of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook Add-In.
- FIX: VSS service not removed successfully during uninstall phase will cause installation to fail, roll back and leave MARC uninstalled
- FIX: Other minor fixes.
Released: November 24, 2014
GFI Archiver enables companies to archive and manage their email, calendar and file history in one place and provides easy access to the data when they need it. GFI Archiver is an essential addition to any backup strategy because it keeps a readily available version of users’ email conversations as well as important files.
The new version of GFI Archiver 2015 includes:
- GFI Directory, an Active Directory replacement for GFI Archiver. Organizations who do not have Microsoft Active Directory can use GFI Archiver simply by installing it in GFI Directory mode.
- History retention provides easy control over the storage of different versions of archived files.
- Archive stores management utilities are now available as a separate download for all administrators who do maintenance jobs on their databases, including exporting to a new database and splitting older archive stores into smaller ones.