What's new in GFI FaxMaker
Released: June 20, 2017
This new version of GFI FaxMaker includes a web based interface for management and monitoring of GFI FaxMaker. Additionally, with this version includes web based monitoring and improved auto update functionality. Other fixes include: quality improvements, and enhancements to prevent crashes. The focus of this release was to include web based monitoring and the ability to reinitiate GFI FaxMaker remotely.
Note: Windows Server 2003 and Sangoma devices are no longer supported.
New features and improvements:
- NEW: Web-based monitor
- NEW: Windows Event logging
- NEW: Improved Auto Update functionality
- FIX: Occasionally blank pages may be sent
- FIX: Faxes sent to Public Folder contacts may crash GFI FaxMaker Server service
- FIX: Occasionally GFI FaxMaker Server service may crash when using CAPI
- FIX: SMS messages are not logged correctly
- FIX: In some cases GFI FaxMaker Message Transfer Agent service may crash
- FIX: GFI FaxMaker Server service may crash when processing specific subject lines
- FIX: Web UI may not work correctly on Microsoft Windows 2016
- FIX: When using a CAPI device v.34 speeds are not always used
- FIX: Auto Updates may not function correctly and fail to download and install updates
- FIX: Auto Updates web page it is not accessible when using direct URL
- FIX: Refined logging in the Notification area of the Web UI
- FIX: Some of the strings in the Web UI are not properly localized
Downloads and Upgrades:
For product downloads and information about upgrading GFI FaxMaker, visit the GFI Upgrade Center.
If you have additional queries about these changes, please do not hesitate to contact us or an authorized GFI Partner directly.
Released: March 28th, 2017
GFI Software™ has updated GFI FaxMaker to introduce support for Microsoft Windows Server 2016, and provide quality improvements with all the most recent fixes. GFI FaxMaker SR3 has an improved experience for users sending faxes by ensuring that images are always displayed correctly, that auto-printing works seamlessly, and the whole faxing experience is smooth and intuitive.
GFI FaxMaker SR3 includes:
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Use of latest feature sets and updates from Dialogic
- Numerous quality and user experience improvements
Read more on our GFI FaxMaker product page.
Released: January 28th, 2016
GFI Software™ maintains its commitment towards ensuring our solutions are compatible with the latest Microsoft® platforms as well as investing to increase stability across different environments. The release of the latest version of GFI FaxMaker® does this and more.
The new edition, which will be available for download on January 28, 2016 includes:
- Support for various new Microsoft Platforms such as Microsoft Exchange® 2016, Windows® 10 Workstation and Office® 2016.
- Extended functionality for Office 365™ sending mechanisms as needed by particular Office 365 plans.
- Added lines usage and performance reports to allow the GFI FaxMaker Administrator to understand how their line usage is spread, if there are idle lines and possibly save on telecommunications costs by reducing lines.
- The web based GFI FaxMaker client now includes the GFI FaxMaker printer, allowing admins to be able to move away from the installable GFI FaxMaker client that is no longer being developed (We'll still support it in its current form).
- And over 25 additional product stability and performance improvements.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Alternatively, you can get in touch with your reseller.
Released: September 3rd, 2015
The release includes a series of fixes and code hardening to improve the stability of the product. These include:
- FIX: POP3 - Value in 'Full email address of mailbox specified above:' being ignored while building notification (POP3 enabled)
- FIX: Archiving into MS SQL fails
- FIX: Failed to initialize user management when analog devices are selected
- FIX: Fields are incomplete after GFI FaxMaker upgrade
- FIX: Error Code is not reflected in XMLAPI
- FIX: PDF attachments declared as "text/plain" in transmission reports
- FIX: UI takes around 10 minutes to load after upgrade
- FIX: Not able to send a fax from a licensed group
Released: May 21st, 2015
With this latest major upgrade to GFI FaxMaker, we are delivering; heavily improved end user usability, performance and accessibility enhancements - all in one update.
The highlights of this release include:
- A new web-based GFI FaxMaker Client component that allows users to securely send faxes from their browser of choice. The new client also supports SMS.
- New web based reporting engine that enables administrators to run detailed reports on their FAX usage, allowing them to filter down by users, lines, time, numbers, status and much more. In addition to a new export feature allowing for flexibility in reporting and analysis.
- Support for GFI Directory for networks that do not run Active Directory. The GFI Directory also increases the scalability and user import abilities for non-Active Directory environments.
- Industry grade archiving, auditing and search capabilities through integration with GFI Archiver (licensed separately). This will help IT Administrators to achieve compliance in highly regulated industries.
- Added support for new Dialogic Brooktrout drivers that will enable use of low profile fax cards for smaller physical servers.
- Support for Multitech iSMS IP SMS devices
GFI FaxMaker is designed to work in just about any business, network and telephony environment, virtual or physical. Download your FREE 30-Day trial to get started.
If you are looking for a fully hosted faxing solution, check out GFI FaxMaker Online