January 13, 2015 - 03:32
GFI Software Simplifies Multi Mail Server Management and Security with GFI MailEssentials 2015
™ today announced the release of GFI MailEssentials 2015, an evolution of the award-winning email security platform that adds major enhancements including scalability and load balancing capabilities to support organizations managing multiple mail servers.
With an increasing number of medium to large organizations moving to a multiple server model for managing ever-increasing email volumes, ensuring all servers are in-sync and equally protected against spam and phishing attacks becomes a challenge. This is further complicated by the need to load balance so that one server doesn’t become a weak link that could destabilize the cluster and become a target for attacks.
The multi-server support added to GFI MailEssentials 2015 provides a number of operating and performance enhancements for mail servers including:
• Load distribution: simplifying email load balancing across multiple mail servers in operation to ensure efficient and reliable processing, scanning and delivery of email, enabling higher volumes of email to be processed concurrently
• Configuration synchronization: where servers are configured for centralized management via GFI MailEssentials 2015, common settings changes on one server can be automatically passed to all in the group to speed up maintenance and ensure continued group functionality
• Server redundancy: failover servers are now supported so that additional capacity can be switched in, ensuring performance and reliability is not compromised in the event of failure, maintenance or peak demand
• Centralized quarantine: Administrators of distributed mail servers using centralized management now have a single quarantine console to manage quarantined content and email communication items across the entire server group – no matter which server triggered the blocking operation
• Centralized reporting: Reports can now be generated for all servers in a centrally managed group with all servers sending reporting information to a single shared database, allowing for complete flexibility on reports for one, some or all servers in a group
“Adding these centralization features to GFI MailEssentials 2015 helps businesses running more than one mail server to manage security and workloads as effectively as they can with conventional file and application servers,” said Sergio Galindo, general manager of GFI Software. “At the same time, GFI MailEssentials equips those with just one mail server with tools that will allow them to scale as their email needs inevitably grow with the business and with increasing volumes of email traffic.”
The new centralized management features are also supported by automatic patching capabilities that keep mail server installations up-to-date without tying up IT staff. Updates are downloaded from secure GFI servers and administrators have the ability to have them automatically installed on a preferred schedule or manually.
GFI MailEssentials 2015 provides email management, content filtering and attachment filtering. With powerful spam detection capabilities and Intelligent Language Detection, and the ability to leverage up to five of the top anti-virus engines simultaneously (BitDefender, ThreatTrack VIPRE, along with Avira, McAfee and Kaspersky), GFI MailEssentials provides complete email protection.
Pricing and Availability
GFI MailEssentials 2015 is available immediately in three editions:
• Anti-spam: optimized to prevents spam and phishing attacks against an organization and its mail users
• EmailSecurity: uses up to five antivirus engines as well as other technologies built specifically to protect against email-based attacks, such as an Email Exploit Engine, a Trojan and Executable Scanner, and HTML sanitization
• UnifiedProtection: combines anti-spam and email security functionality in one offering, with multiple antivirus and anti-spam engines for comprehensive email protection
All editions are subscription based. Pricing begins at just $19 per machine for 100-249 mailboxes. All subscriptions come with GFI’s globally recognized customer service support plus software maintenance.
To learn more about GFI MailEssentials 2015, please visit https://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/email-and-messaging-solutions/gfi-mailessentials.
About GFI Software
GFI Software™ develops quality IT solutions that enable businesses to monitor, manage and secure their networks with minimal administrative overheard. Serving an expanding customer base of tens of thousands of companies, GFI focuses on scalable communications and security platforms comprising network security, web management, anti-spam, patch and vulnerability management, faxing and archiving solutions. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners worldwide. The company has received numerous awards and industry accolades, and is a longtime Microsoft® Gold ISV Partner.