October 16, 2014 - 12:00
Control of Applications, Stronger Policy Management, Increased Scalability and Performance Upgrades Bolster Latest Version of GFI’s Web Management & Security Platform
GFI Software today announced the availability of GFI WebMonitor®2015, the latest and most powerful version of the company’s Web filter, management and security solution for businesses. GFI WebMonitor 2015 underscores the company’s continued dedication to enabling IT admins to monitor, manage and secure information and data from the Internet to protect their business infrastructures. GFI completely redesigned the platform’s graphical interface so users can manage social media use and other online applications without compromising the security needed to protect an organization from malware infections, data loss, time wastage, bandwidth misuse, compliance retention and more.
With operating speed now three times faster, GFI WebMonitor 2015 limits employee access to sites, enabling IT admins to control access without completely blocking users unless it becomes necessary to restrict employee access to specific sites. In that case, IT admins can create rules for these scenarios. GFI WebMonitor can also restrict access based on employee bandwidth usage or length of time spent on a site.
In addition, with security becoming a greater concern for organizations of all sizes, GFI WebMonitor 2015 features the unique ability to scan Internet traffic with not one, but three antivirus engines. This three-layered approach, offered only by GFI, ensures user protection from a wide variety of web threats such as malicious websites, email phishing and more.
New enhancements to GFI WebMonitor 2015 include:
· Control for Applications Using Web Protocols – The latest version of GFI WebMonitor applies techniques based on signature pattern matching, conversational semantics, deep protocol dissection, heuristical analysis, flow awareness and association engines as well as statistical inspection beyond previous versions. These improvements enable laser focused detection and management of more than 1,000 web applications available today.
· Complete Anti-virus and Malicious URL Detection – GFI WebMonitor now features the most comprehensive anti-virus and malicious URL detection capabilities on the market. Web-based malware detection is now powered by three anti-virus engines, more than any other web management and security tool available. Two malicious URL detection engines also make WebMonitor 2015 the most comprehensive internet security solution on the market.
· Performance Upgrade – GFI WebMonitor’s engine has been completely re-written, enabling x64 compilation for greater scalability, improved memory management, faster processing and scalability. No matter how many seats an organization requires – whether it is 10, 500 or 1,000 – WebMonitor scales and delivers robust web protection capabilities.
· New User Interface – GFI WebMonitor’s completely revamped user interface delivers improved visibility into user activity as well as the product’s status, allowing faster and easier product-task execution and a significantly improved user experience. A new main dashboard showing real-time data has been added while the existing drill-down dashboards benefit from a new and more intuitive filtering interface. All aspects of the interface contain layout and performance updates.
· Unified Policy Configuration and Management– A new policy engine allows for configuration of web filtering and web security policies in the same logic, greatly reducing the time and amount of actions required to build and maintain effective product configurations.
“GFI WebMonitor 2015 enables IT admins to give employees the freedom to use the Internet while putting controls in place to prevent them from visiting websites that could cause malware infections or even legal liabilities,” said Sergio Galindo, general manager, GFI Software. “From the increased speed and scalability to superior antivirus protection, GFI WebMonitor 2015 is a testament to GFI’s commitment to arm IT admins with the industry’s most superior tools to monitor, manage and secure information in their networks. The new user interface will enable them to more easily manage how their bandwidth is consumed by users as well as protect against malware from entering their systems.”
Pricing & Availability
GFI WebMonitor 2015 is available immediately and works both in physical and virtual environments. WebMonitor provides complete web filtering, management and security capabilities from a single, intuitive interface. Pricing is 31 USD or 21 GBP per user for 1 year (for 100-249 users). Multi-year and service bundle discounts apply.
All licenses come with GFI’s globally recognized customer service support, available 24/7, and software maintenance.
To learn more about GFI WebMonitor, call 1-888-243-4329, email email@example.com or visit www.gfi.com to download a free trial.
About GFI Software
GFI Software™ develops quality IT solutions that enable businesses to monitor, manage and secure their networks with minimal administrative overheard. Serving an expanding customer base of tens of thousands of companies, GFI focuses on scalable communications and security platforms comprising network security, web management, anti-spam, patch and vulnerability management, faxing and archiving solutions. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners worldwide. The company has received numerous awards and industry accolades, and is a longtime Microsoft® Gold ISV Partner.