June 09, 2014 - 12:00
GFI MAX Backup Adds New Usability and Scalability Features to Help MSPs Increase Revenue
New usability and scalability enhancements include client discovery, remote deployment and easy VM restore capabilities
GFI MAX™ today announced the release of the latest version of GFI MAX Backup, its fast, reliable and secure hybrid cloud backup and recovery service for managed services providers (MSPs). The service offering now includes enhanced client discovery and remote deployment features, as well as simpler virtual machine restore capabilities, which reduce the amount of time and effort that need to be expended by MSPs to ensure that their clients’ systems are backed up and safe and deliver optimal recovery time objectives.
New features include:
· Client Discovery & Remote Deployment – Previously a cumbersome task that required MSPs to manually access each of their customers’ systems to deploy the backup client, MAX Backup customers can now deploy the Windows client on a single machine on their customer’s network and then automate the discovery of the remaining systems present in the organization, choosing which they would like to deploy software on and include in regular backup processes.
· Easy VM Restore – Simplified restore capabilities for VMware now preserves VM system configurations during backup, enabling a direct restore to an existing or alternate VMware host without the need to manually configure the target virtual machine and volumes beforehand. This significantly improves usability and recoverability for VMware backups by eliminating the manual steps previously required.
· Skip Files During Restore – Customers now have the option to skip or ignore processing files that are already present during a file system, network share, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint or Microsoft Hyper-V restore, significantly increasing restore performance.
· Multi-threaded Restore – Multi-threaded restore enables parallel processing during restore operations and improves performance when sufficient bandwidth and system resources exist.
· Fully Web-Based Backup Manager – A new HTML-based backup client that maintains existing functionality while providing improved usability and simplified branding capabilities.
“Our managed backup solutions allow our MSPs to increase recurring revenue and build stronger relationships by delivering best-in-class backup and recovery services to their customers, protecting their data and ensuring continuous and uninterrupted business operations,” said Dr. Alistair Forbes, general manager of the GFI MAX business unit. “With these new enhancements, GFI MAX MSPs are better positioned to provide simple, effective and customizable backup and disaster recovery services that meet the unique needs of each of their clients.”
Pricing and Availability
The latest version of GFI MAX Backup is available now. For information on pricing and to learn more about the solution, please visithttp://backup.gfimax.com/. To start a free, 30-day trial, go to http://backup.gfimax.com/trial/backup/en/
MAX 2014 Customer Conferences
GFI MAX will host its fourth annual series of customer conferences in Gold Coast, Queensland in Australia on September 1-2, Orlando, Florida in the U.S. on September 8-10, in London, England on September 22-23, and in Dusseldorf, Germany on September 29-30. The events will be focused on helping MAX customers to accelerate their businesses and maximize the customer experience for their own clients. For more information or to register, please visit http://conferences.gfimax.com
About GFI MAX
GFI MAX helps IT Support Companies and MSPs grow monthly revenues from existing customers, attract new customers with affordable, high-value, easy-to-use services and deliver proactive, cost efficient services to grow an IT business profitably. GFI MAX provides a range of integrated software solutions built specifically for IT Support Companies and MSPs that are fast to implement, low effort to manage and fully brandable, so your customers see their value. The GFI MAX platform enables MSPs to provide managed antivirus, managed online backup, remote support, email security, automated monitoring, patch management, asset tracking, alerting and viewing and reporting all from a single dashboard.
GFI Software™ develops quality IT solutions for small to mid-sized businesses with generally up to 1,000 users. GFI® offers two main technology solutions: GFI MAX™, which enables managed service providers (MSPs) to deliver superior services to their customers; and GFI Cloud™, which empowers companies with their own internal IT teams to manage and maintain their networks via the cloud. Serving an expanding customer base of more than 200,000 companies, GFI’s product line also includes collaboration, network security, anti-spam, patch management, faxing, mail archiving and web monitoring. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world. The company has received numerous awards and industry accolades, and is a long-time Microsoft® Gold ISV Partner.