November 02, 2011 - 12:00
Major new release extends VIPRE’s history of speed and performance with best-in-class antivirus protection and straightforward user interface
GFI Software today launched GFI VIPRE® Antivirus 2012 and GFI VIPRE® Internet Security 2012 in the UK, bringing the latest evolutions of the company’s advanced and easy-to-use antivirus products to consumers. With VIPRE, users do not have to compromise PC performance in order to enjoy fully-featured malware protection. VIPRE 2012 delivers the protection consumers need when connecting with friends on Facebook, paying bills, shopping, playing games, receiving email or participating in any other online activity, all without impacting the speed and usability of their PC.
“Much of the security industry ignores the fact that their products are the cause of so much frustration among PC users,” said Mark Patton, general manager of the GFI Software Security Business Unit. “Consumers invest in new, faster PCs only to see them slowed by resource-hogging security software bloated with features they don’t need. VIPRE Antivirus is different. It is 100% focused on providing users with best-in-class malware protection while conserving the speed and performance of their PCs. The latest release of VIPRE includes several enhancements that make the product even faster and easier to use.”
Proven PC Protection
Introduced in 2008 and trusted by users worldwide, VIPRE defends against viruses, worms, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more. It uses a proprietary technology stack to protect against malware with a minimal impact on PC performance. VIPRE also protects against email-borne viruses, supporting all desktop email solutions using POP3 or SMTP, including Microsoft® Outlook®. It is certified by AV-TEST, ICSA, Virus Bulletin (VB100) and West Coast Labs.
New features in VIPRE Antivirus 2012 include:
- Simpler Installation – New installation process makes installing VIPRE even easier than before, while preconfigured protection settings ensure maximum defence as soon as the product is loaded onto a PC.
- Simpler User Controls – New user interface, preconfigured threat removal settings and other advancements make malware protection easy for everyone, ranging from the most tech-savvy users to PC novices.
- Stronger Detections and Quicker Scans – Constantly evolving in response to emerging threats, VIPRE features newly refined detection technology that scans PCs quicker and provides users with greater flexibility in scheduling scans.
- Remote-Control Tech Support – With users’ permission, the VIPRE tech support team can help those infected with malware by remotely taking control of their PC to remove viruses, Trojans and other threats.
VIPRE Internet Security 2012 offers consumers the same features of VIPRE Antivirus 2012 but also includes:
- Spam Blocking – VIPRE Internet Security now adds spam filtering technology for desktop email clients using POP3.
- Smarter Firewall – Operating off a VIPRE whitelist of ’safe’ applications and other preconfigured settings, the VIPRE firewall is easier to use and requires less user input upon installation. More tech-savvy users can still adjust advanced settings to customise the firewall based on their personal preferences.
In addition to being easy-to-use and easy-to-install, VIPRE provides customers with a wide array of licensing options they can choose from to best meet their needs, including:
- PC Lifetime – A one-time license purchase is good for the entire life of the PC on which it is first installed. Pricing for 1 PC starts at a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of £69.99 for VIPRE Internet Security 2012.
- Home Site License – An annual license purchase that covers up to 10 PCs in a user’s home. Pricing for one year is £39.99 RRP for VIPRE Internet Security 2012. A three-year version is also available exclusively from PC World for £39.99 RRP.
- Single PC – An annual license for a single PC is priced at £19.99 RRP for VIPRE Antivirus 2012 and £29.99 RRP for VIPRE Internet Security 2012. Multi-PC and multi-year licenses are also available.
All prices include VAT.
All PCs protected by an active VIPRE license receive the latest threat updates and free product upgrades and enhancements. VIPRE is compatible with both 32 and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows® XP, Server 2003, Windows Vista®, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7.
Try VIPRE today
VIPRE Antivirus 2012 and VIPRE Internet Security 2012 are available now from retailers including Amazon.co.uk, Play.com and PC World.
To learn more about VIPRE Antivirus 2012 or VIPRE Internet Security 2012, visit http://www.vipreantivirus.com, click here to download a free 15-day, full-featured trial, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving, backup and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) via an extensive global partner community. GFI products are available either as on-premise solutions, in the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a strong focus on the unique requirements of SMBs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organizations on a global scale. The company has offices in the United States (North Carolina, California and Florida), UK (London and Dundee), Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world and is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.