October 05, 2011 - 12:00
New version adds significant enhancements to ease of use and deployment, making VIPRE Antivirus Business the leading choice for endpoint security
Clearwater, Fla. GFI Software today launched GFI VIPRE® Antivirus Business 5.0 and GFI VIPRE® Business Premium 5.0, the latest evolutions of the company’s flagship antivirus solutions. The culmination of hundreds of technical enhancements and extensive user-generated guidance, VIPRE Business 5.0 proves that comprehensive malware protection does not have to be difficult to deploy, time-consuming to manage or a drain on system resources to be effective.
“Our philosophy and approach to antivirus software continues to be a stark contrast to our competitors,” said Alex Eckelberry, general manager, Security Business Unit, GFI Software. “At GFI, we are focused on refining the VIPRE product to deliver superior performance and protection through a solution that is easier to deploy, easier to manage and more effective at detecting and stopping threats than ever before.”
To accomplish that, GFI has made several key enhancements to VIPRE Business, including:
- Incompatible Software Removal – Seamlessly integrated into a newly streamlined installation process, the incompatible software removal tool enables IT admins to deploy VIPRE Business in an environment free of other antivirus agents. This technology is provided free of charge, and it is ideal for IT admins removing numerous agents across a network, as well as to ensure a completely clean testing environment when evaluating a 30-day, full-featured trial of the product.
- Windows® Firewall Auto-Configuration – The new VIPRE Business installation process automatically configures and provisions Windows Firewall settings on all endpoints to ensure communication with all deployed VIPRE agents, removing another time-consuming task IT admins may face when managing an antivirus solution.
- Integrated Database – VIPRE Business also eliminates the need for any database configuration by IT admins. It employs an integrated database that further accelerates the installation process and eases administration. IT admins can also use their own Microsoft® SQL database instance.
- Auditing and Reporting – IT admins have complete insight into any changes made to VIPRE Business’ security settings. This aids in policy enforcement, regulatory compliance and e-discovery.
- Remote Management – VIPRE Business provides an improved communication layer for IT admins, VARs and MSPs remotely managing antivirus solutions across multiple networks and locations.
- Enhanced Management Console – An updated user interface makes managing endpoints even easier.
“We’ve been a VIPRE customer since it hit the market, and it is heads and shoulders above the other antivirus products available,” said David Herrick, executive vice president and CFO, Names in the News. “Low on resource consumption, the VIPRE agent enables us to get more life out of older machines, and the latest improvements make it even more valuable to us. The new console makes management easier, and the incompatible software removal greatly improves our success rates and decreases the time required for new installations.”
A Trusted, Proven Security Solution
Used by tens of thousands of customers worldwide, VIPRE Business has become a trusted, reliable security solution for small and medium businesses (SMBs), healthcare providers, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and more.
“Malware defense is paramount to us,” said Sean Rector, information technology manager, Virginia Opera Association. “As a nonprofit, upholding our reputation is critical. We can’t afford to be the next data-breach headline. We rely on VIPRE because of its small disk footprint, low memory utilization, easy management and exceptional detection rates.”
“There isn’t an antivirus product like VIPRE,” said Michael Kanir, owner of IT solutions provider Dark Horse Communications. “When my customers see all the threats VIPRE discovers that other products miss, VIPRE is an easy sell.”
Comprehensive Malware Protection
Backed by GFI Labs, VIPRE Business defends against viruses, worms, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more. It utilizes a proprietary technology stack to scan large volumes of files quickly and with minimal impact on system performance. VIPRE Business also protects against email-borne viruses and integrates with all desktop email solutions using POP3 or SMTP, including Microsoft®Outlook®. VIPRE is certified by AV-TEST, ICSA, Virus Bulletin (VB 100) and West Coast Labs.
VIPRE Business Premium adds a bi-directional firewall for admin control of network traffic; a Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) to monitor suspicious activity; and Web filtering to block malicious URLs, ads, harmful scripts and phishing sites.
“VIPRE has virtually eliminated desktop downtime due to malware infections,” said John Allen, IT specialist – security administrator, Washington State Department of Ecology. “It scans fast and has a high detection rate. Equally important is the VIPRE sales and technical team. If I have any issues or questions, they are always there to help me out. They are like pit bulls and don’t give up until they have a solution.”
Pricing and Availability
VIPRE Antivirus Business is priced aggressively and includes one year of support, updates and product upgrades. The upgrade to VIPRE Antivirus Business 5.0 is available to all existing VIPRE Antivirus Business and VIPRE Enterprise customers. New customers can purchase VIPRE Antivirus Business on a per-machine basis. Pricing for VIPRE Antivirus Business and VIPRE Business Premium includes the first year of maintenance and starts at $193.80 and $240, respectively, for 5 machines, with a sliding scale discount based on number of machines. A 50% competitive upgrade discount also is available for a limited time.
Try VIPRE Business Today
To learn more about VIPRE Antivirus Business or VIPRE Business Premium, visit www.gfi.com, click here to download a free 30-day, full-featured trial, call 888-688-8457 or send an email to email@example.com.
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving, backup and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) via an extensive global partner community. GFI products are available either as on-premise solutions, in the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a strong focus on the unique requirements of SMBs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organizations on a global scale. The company has offices in the United States (North Carolina, California and Florida), UK (London and Dundee), Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world and is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.