June 14, 2011 - 12:00
New features and enhanced functionality provide comprehensive data backup and recovery for physical and virtual environments
GFI Software continues to enhance and strengthen the broad array of networking infrastructure solutions it develops to meet the evolving IT needs of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) worldwide. GFI’s Infrastructure Business Unit today announced the availability of GFI BackUp™ 2011, the latest version of the company’s data backup and recovery products that enable SMBs to easily deploy and manage a robust disaster recovery solution company-wide.
Comprehensive data backup for SMBs
GFI BackUp 2011 is a fast, efficient, full-featured network data backup solution which applies comprehensive backup, restore and synchronization to all files, web, Microsoft® SQL Server® and more. Using an intuitive wizard-driven, point-and-click configuration, GFI BackUp 2011 can be installed in minutes, and backups are created with minimal effort.
Key GFI BackUp 2011 features that make data backup and recovery easy for SMBs, include:
- Central web-based management and single-task backup: backs up all devices across the network with a single command from a web-based administration console to a central backup location.
- Backup and restore for virtualized environments: supports data backup and restoration for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V™ environments supporting the migration of data between physical and virtual devices.
- Disk-image/bare-metal backup and restore: restores a disk image to dissimilar hardware, eliminates the need for time-consuming system builds and enables users to quickly load images onto new hardware.
- Backup storage options: backs up data to multiple devices, including internal/external hard disks, network storage devices, CD/DVD/Blu-Ray media, flash drives and FTP uploads.
- Microsoft SQL Server backup and restore: takes a point-in-time snapshot of a user’s Microsoft SQL Server database and settings for quick restoration.
- Include/exclude backup parameters: selects specific file types to be included or excluded during backup tasks to save storage space.
“Market trends and our own research prove that while SMBs are increasingly savvy about advanced, cost-saving technologies like virtualization, many still lack even the most basic data backup and recovery solutions,” said Andre Muscat, Director of Engineering, GFI Software. “BackUp 2011 demonstrates GFI’s innovative approach to tailoring solutions to the diverse needs of SMBs. While we’ve enhanced BackUp 2011 with new capabilities—such as supporting complex virtual environments—we’re still delivering a solution that any SMB or home office user can deploy to easily implement their own backup and recovery solution.”
Driving Innovation for SMBs
GFI Software’s Infrastructure Business Unit develops a broad range of solutions that help SMBs strengthen their IT operations and better manage all the devices attached their network.
To learn more, send an email to email@example.com or visit http://www.gfi.com.
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving, backup and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) via an extensive global partner community. GFI products are available either as on-premise solutions, in the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a strong focus on the unique requirements of SMBs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organizations on a global scale. The company has offices in the United States (North Carolina, California and Florida), UK (London and Dundee), Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world and is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.