November 23, 2010 - 12:00
GFI Software Releases GFI MailArchiver 2011
New user interface and dashboard accompany improved search capabilities that are significantly faster
GFI Software, a leading IT solutions provider for small and medium-sized enterprises, today announced the release of GFI MailArchiver 2011, the latest version of its email archiving software. This major release offers significant new functionality such as automatic archive management and faster, richer search which makes it even better positioned to tackle the pain points of ever-growing storage costs and email discovery.
GFI MailArchiver is the single solution source for email management problems on Exchange Server. With more than 10,000 customers, it helps administrators maintain an archive of all corporate email correspondence, significantly reduce the demands on the Exchange server, manage and reduce the company’s dependence on PST files and also meet a growing number of regulations on compliance, eDiscovery and other legislation. MailArchiver is easy to install, requires little administrative effort, and ships at highly competitive pricing. The new version of GFI MailArchiver offers several new capabilities that promote ease of use and take the burden off of administrators, including a web interface that transforms email backup and restore into a self-service activity.
“MailArchiver solves the storage problem that is exacerbated by Exchange 2010, and makes email backup and restore a snap – as simple as dragging and dropping an email in Outlook. With organizations upgrading from Exchange 2003 / 2007 to Exchange 2010 they will enjoy the new features of Exchange but they will miss Single Instance Storage which means that their storage costs will increase considerably. With MailArchiver 2010, users will put SIS back into Exchange thus reducing the need for expensive storage and also solving their PST management problems at the same time,” said Brian Azzopardi, product manager, GFI Software.
“The improved features in this new version all funnel to the central goals of improving the user experience and making life easier for network administrators, while maintaining our market leadership with a feature-rich solution at a great price point.
New features of GFI MailArchiver 2011 include:
- Automatic Archive Management: GFI MailArchiver 2011 takes the hassle out of creating and rolling over to new archive stores based on SQL Express + NTFS. The administrator simply has to define when MailArchiver should roll-over to a new archive and MailArchiver will handle the rest. This means customers do not need to acquire an expensive SQL Server license, unlike other competitors.
- Faster, Richer Search: Search has been revamped and is now up to 30 percent faster. New search options (AND, OR and exclusion operators) enable users to perform more targeted searches, aiding in the eDiscovery and knowledge management processes.
- New User Interface: Based on the latest web technologies, the new UI is easier to navigate making it easy for both first-time users and experienced administrators to perform tasks quickly and intuitively.
- Dashboard:A graphical, dynamic dashboard that displays key information for an at-a-glance overview of the state of MailArchiver, making it easy to spot potential errors before they happen.
- Streamlined Install: MailArchiver can automatically configure Exchange Journaling and Folder Synchronization. By taking the guesswork out of configuration, admins are up and running even faster.
- Active Directory Group support: Simplifies administration by allowing the admin to specify whole groups of users instead of individual users.
- Rapid Mailbox Restore: Restore all or some of a user’s archived emails to a mailbox.
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) via an extensive global partner community. GFI products are available either as on-premise solutions, in the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a strong focus on the unique requirements of SMEs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organisations on a global scale. The company has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world and is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.