January 02, 2013
‘One Plus One’ Equals More Secure, Feature-Rich Products for GFI Software OEM Partners
GFI Software enables technology companies to grow their businesses by substantially reducing the time and investment required to bring new and stronger solutions to market
Building upon its success in helping OEMs, ISVs and MSP platform developers grow their businesses through the integration or rebranding of its security technologies, GFI Software today announced a significant expansion of the GFI OEM Partner Program. For the first time, GFI Software is enabling technology vendors to integrate its entire security and network management solutions portfolio into their products and services, or to rebrand as their own stand-alone offerings. The GFI OEM Partner Program is one of the quickest ways for vendors to bring to market robust, proven and in-demand technologies in the most profitable and cost-effective manner possible.
“There is no need for OEMs, ISVs or MSP platform developers to invest their limited time and resources to develop new technologies outside their competency when an industry leader like GFI Software makes it so easy to integrate our products and services into their own,” said Julian Waits, vice president of GFI Software’s Advanced Technology Group. “Every day, our team of OEM partner specialists collaborates with vendors of all sizes to enhance new and existing products with a wide range of features and capabilities based on our extensive solutions portfolio. Through our One Plus One methodology, we guide partners step-by-step through the entire integration process, combining technologies to create stronger solutions.”
GFI OEM partners choose from a wide array of GFI Software solutions to integrate into their products or to bring to market under their own brands, including:
· Malware Defense – proven antivirus engine, firewall and other endpoint security capabilities powered by the latest threat definitions
· Remote Management and Collaboration – remotely control PCs and servers to access files or to provide technical support; or host online meetings and presentations
· Web Security – monitor and manage Internet use, block malicious sites and ensure downloads are free of malware
· Mail Security – anti-spam, anti-phishing and anti-malware protection on premise or in the cloud
· Patch Management – automatic detection and deployment of software patches for optimal performance and security
· Vulnerability Management – automated discovery and remediation of network vulnerabilities such as misconfigured hardware, unauthorized devices or blacklisted software applications
· Remote Monitoring – scan network hardware for failures and performance degradation, and remotely remediate issues
· Device Management – control and monitor removable devices accessing a network to prevent malware infections and data loss
· Advanced Threat Detection – unparalleled sandbox technologies and continuously updated data feeds of malicious files, URLs and IP addresses for threat analysis and defense
· Application Monitoring – application performance monitoring (APM) for on-premise and cloud-based services
One Plus One Equals More
In addition to an extensive product portfolio, GFI OEM partners have access to a broad array of services, including dedicated sales, marketing, technical and business development support. Dedicated specialists collaborate with partners step-by-step by using GFI’s One Plus One technology integration methodology. This encompasses initial project scoping, research and development, implementation and integration, sales and marketing assistance, and ongoing support.
"Augmenting the capabilities of our own products has never been considered in the past, but the offering by GFI and their expertise in patch management made this decision easy for us,” said Jon Valentine, managing director, Impero Software. “With the addition of GFI's patch management to our feature listing, we are not only able to offer a product like no other and strengthen our place in the market, but our existing customers will be very happy – which has always been our primary focus."
Technology companies participating in the GFI Software OEM Partner Program include Avanquest Software, Faronics Corp., FixMeStick, Impero, LabTech Software, Lavasoft, and RSA, The Security Division of EMC.
These companies collaborate with GFI Software to solve a broad range of technology and business development challenges. OEMs and ISVs typically integrate GFI Software’s GFI VIPRE® Antivirus engine into their products to provide customers an added layer of embedded malware defense. Others utilize the GFI ThreatTrack®data feed of malicious URLs to help power firewalls and gateway appliances, while some vendors choose to simply rebrand and resell GFI Software technologies. Meanwhile, MSP vendors use GFI Software solutions to expand the services their RMM platforms can deliver – such as antivirus, patch management and mail security – to help their MSPs generate incremental services revenue.
For more information about working with GFI Software and participating in the GFI OEM Partner Program, please visit www.gfi.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-443-4284.
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB) via an extensive global partner community. GFI products are available either as on-premise solutions, in the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a strong focus on the unique requirements of SMBs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organizations on a global scale. The company has offices in the United States, UK, Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world and is also a Microsoft Gold ISV Partner.