MailInsights reports are not delivered to users via email
MailInsights reports are not being delivered to users via email.
Core\DebugLogs\SMTPSend.log is showing:
#0000F424","#00000012","error ","SMTPSend","ERROR: Failed to process queue[SMTP protocol error. 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender.]"
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
To resolve this, you will need to give Send as
permissions to the affected user(s).
To do this for Exchange 2007:
- Log onto the server running Exchange
- Run Active Directory Users and Computers
- Under the View menu ensure that Advanced Features is ticked.
- Find the user's account that you want to be able to send as, and open up the account Properties
- Select the Security tab
- Click Add under Group or user names and add the user (users or group) that is to be granted permission to send-as this account
- For each account added, highlight the account under Group or user names and in the Permissions for window grant the account Send As permission
- Click OK to close the dialog
When a report is generated, the mailbox account specified in the General Settings is used to send the e-mail. Even though it appears to come from the logged in user, the account entered in the General Settings must have the permission to send as for the user that is logged on.