Upgrading from older supported GFI FaxMaker versions 2013 or 2014 to GFI FaxMaker 2015
After you download the installer, right click on the installer
and apply before running the installation.
You can prevent future blocks of our installers by adding *.gfi.com to the Trusted sites in your internet browser.
If upgrading from GFI FaxMaker 2011 or older versions, please upgrade first to GFI FaxMaker 2013 first*
We recommend to retain a backup prior each upgradeNotes for GFI FaxMaker:
Notes for Dialogic Brooktrout:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 server is not supported by GFI FaxMaker 2011 or later.
- Microsoft Windows 2003 server is supported by GFI FaxMaker. IIS needs to be configured manually as per these instructions.
- User related configuration settings (e.g. inbound routing rules, licensed users, fax administrator(s) etc.) are usually retained if each objectGUID of the licensed user / group remains unchanged.
- Please wait until all inbound and outbound faxes are processed and the GFI FaxMaker Monitor queue is empty before proceeding with the upgrade of GFI FaxMaker.
- To retain a backup of the GFI FaxMaker configuration, please consult: How to back up the GFI FaxMaker configuration
Notes for fax devices:
- Dialogic Brooktrout SDK versions prior to 6.7.0 are not supported by Dialogic Software.
- Dialogic Brooktrout TR114 is not supported from GFI FaxMaker 2013.
- Microsoft Windows 2003 server is not supported by Dialogic Brooktrout SDK 6.7.0 and later.
- Please ensure that the driver and additional software (e.g. remote capi) required for the fax device (e.g. fax modem, fax board, fax router, etc.) are installable, operable and accessible on the target host machine
- Please ensure that the GSM SMS device (,if applicable) is on the support list. Unsupported GSM SMS device may not operate as expected with GFI FaxMaker 2013 or higher.
- Please ensure that you have your individual GFI FaxMaker 2015 license key. This can be obtained from your customer area at http://customers.gfi.com, or from the GFI FaxMaker configuration in General > Licensing.
- Download the latest build of GFI FaxMaker 2015
- Disable User Access Control (if applicable) and reboot the machine. After server reboot, please disable anti-virus software temporarily during the upgrade process of GFI FaxMaker.
- Stop GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service (, if applicable). Run the GFI FaxMaker 2015 installer using a domain administrator (if Active Directory is present) or a local administrator (if no Active Directory is present).
- During the upgrade process you will be notified that you have an older version of GFI FaxMaker installed. You will be asked to uninstall it. Please confirm with Yes.
- Please insert your GFI FaxMaker 2015 license key when prompted.
- GFI FaxMaker configuration wizard will be launched after the GFI FaxMaker installation is completed. The GFI FaxMaker configuration wizard will start the GFI FaxMaker services.
- Where a Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 series fax board or Dialogic Brooktrout SR140 is present, the Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 drivers will be installed and upgraded. Dialogic Brooktrout Configuration Tool will be opened shortly after the upgrade of GFI FaxMaker is complete. Please ensure that the Dialogic Brooktrout specific settings are correct. If so, please click on save, then on apply and then close the Dialogic Brooktrout Configuration Tool.
- Please ensure that all GFI FaxMaker services are running after the upgrade and the fax lines (if applicable) are initialized successfully. If fax lines fail to initialize after the upgrade, please follow Line(s) will not initialize in the GFI FaxMaker monitor.
- Please ensure that where the default faxmaker.com / smsmaker.com domains were altered before the upgrade, it is required to re-set the custom fax and SMS domains after the upgrade. Note: How to change the faxmaker.com and smsmaker.com domains.