New version of flagship product GFI MailEssentials launched
GFI MailEssentials 2010 has been released today; the latest version boosts spam detection rate using greylisting and provides users with new tools for better spam email management.
With the introduction of greylisting in the latest version of GFI MailEssentials, administrators can use this technique to identify spam originating from non-RFC compliant mail servers (which are often used by spammers). For each new SMTP transmission, GFI MailEssentials records the sender, recipient and sending mail server’s IP address and will reject the email with a temporary failure message. Compliant email servers are expected to try and resend the message after a few minutes – if the information is confirmed, future messages will not be reject. Non-compliant mail servers do not try to resend the message.
“Spam is a real problem for everyone, especially SMBs who depend on email to run their business. With spam rates hitting 75% and up of all email received, implementing spam filters is a must today. Spam is a time-waster, exposes the organization to social engineering and malware attacks apart from impacting negatively on bandwidth and server performance,” Walter Scott, GFI’s CEO, said.
“GFI MailEssentials enjoys an excellent reputation in the SMB market and the new features in our latest release combine to improve even further spam capture rates and facilitate spam management. With over 99% of spam filtered by GFI MailEssentials and an industry-low number of false positives, SMBs will see the immediate benefits when implementing the solution on their email server,” Scott added.
Other essential features in GFI MailEssentials 2010 include:
- Spam emails can be quarantined; stored in a database and automatically deleted after a pre-specified period
- Auto-log rotation whereby the administrator can select to log the occurrence of a blocked or whitelisted email
- The entries in the dashboard can be filtered by sender, recipient, subject and message ID
- Improved detection method of disclaimers in an email to avoid adding the same disclaimer in the email thread multiple times
- Updated post-install wizard that helps administrators with the essential configuration settings soon after installation
GFI MailEssentials is a leading anti-spam filter that gives administrators an ultra high spam capture rate out-of-the-box with minimal configuration. Used by thousands of customers worldwide, GFI MailEssentials uses two anti-spam filter engines to push the capture rate to over 99% yet return the lowest number of false positives.