The GFI Group (“we / us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children under the age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including: information you provide to us, that we collect as you navigate through the Website, – traffic and location data, IP addresses, usage details through the use of certain technologies, including cookies and web beacons, as well as information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners – whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
Information you provide to us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Uses made of the information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations, process and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- For marketing and promotional purposes so as to provide you with information about services we think you might like.
We may also use your information, or permit carefully selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data and / or adjust your user preferences accordingly in your account profile.
Depending on whether you have provided your consent, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Like the vast majority of website providers, we collect details of your visits to our Website. We only collect aggregate information, such as, for example, traffic data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own contractual purposes or otherwise. The information we collect concerns the resources that you access, information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, marketing purposes and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
Where, according to local law, IP addresses and the like are considered personal information, then we treat it as such.
The information we collect is merely statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns and does not and cannot identify any individual.
Web Beacons, also known as pixel tags are electronic images, contained on a website that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
Third-Party Advertisers Use Technologies.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- To a member of our group – holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Direct contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- In the event (whether perspective or actual) of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of GFI’s assets, in which case personal information held by GFI’s about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the (prospective) buyer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of GFI, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Third Parties
If you do not wish us to share your personal information with affiliated third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data; the registration form. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from GFI. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by GFI, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the e-mail informing you of the completion of user registration, correction of user data, or change of password by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to GFI as a result of a product downloads or purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Personalized Advertising. If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences accordingly in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page and making changes. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link to reach a page on which you can submit your e-mail address. Your user name and password then will be e-mailed to you.
In each and every email that we send to you, there is an ‘unsubscribe’ hyperlink, which you may you use if you wish to ‘opt out’ of and stop receiving email communications from us. The hyperlink will direct you to our website, where upon entering the email address that you no longer wish to receive GFI emails, one last confirmation email shall then be sent to the email address you designate. Merely confirm that you do indeed wish to stop GFI email’s being sent to you and that email address shall automatically be unsubscribed.
Alternatively, you may email GFI at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, stating ‘Unsubscribe’ in the header and what email addresses you wish not to receive GFI emails and within a reasonable period, we shall ensure that such email addresses are unsubscribed and shall no longer receive any communications from us.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and is encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee as applicable and in accordance with the laws of the country from which you are accessing the Website, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.