Hybrid Faxing and SMS Text Communications with GFI FaxMaker® 2013
GFI FaxMaker 2013, an expanded and improved version of GFI®’s award-winning network fax server software, has been launched. The solution now integrates seamlessly with cloud-based email and fax service providers to meet the changing needs of today’s mobile workforce, and to make it easier and more affordable than ever to set up, manage and use. As an added benefit to mobile workers, GFI FaxMaker 2013 now enables businesses to send SMS text messages to multiple recipients at once, providing organizations with the ability to send appointment reminders, special offers and other information directly to the mobile devices of opted-in customers, colleagues and prospects.
GFI FaxMaker 2013 now offers the benefits of hybrid faxing, eliminating the need for dedicated trunks, telephone lines, hardware and telephone network connections. With GFI FaxMaker, servers are able to connect directly to online fax services and to send and receive faxes across the Internet instead of standard phone lines. This provides organizations with the same auditing, back-up, archiving and accessibility features that conventional on-premise fax servers offer, but without the associated set-up and maintenance costs.
GFI FaxMaker is used by thousands of small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) worldwide, including healthcare organizations, law firms and financial services providers, which rely on fax communications to meet security and compliance regulations. GFI FaxMaker 2013 advances faxing technology by offering the added security benefits of traditional faxing with the convenience, affordability and flexibility of email and SMS texting.
In this major upgrade, the new GFI FaxMaker 2013 includes the following core functionalities that make for more effective, advanced office communications:
- Supports cloud-based email systems such as Microsoft Office365™ and Google Docs™, allowing customers to gain all the benefits of hybrid systems.
- Enables anytime, anywhere faxing from mobile devices, whether on the road or working remotely, freeing users from being dependent on fax machines.
- Works seamlessly with cloud-based fax service providers. No phone lines, extra hardware, or other extra capital expenditures are required. An Internet connection to a GFI FaxMaker server and a supported fax service are all that are needed to get up and running. Upfront costs as well as operational and administrative expenditures are minimal.
- Supports multiple concurrent SMS texting options, enabling organizations to leverage texting as a powerful marketing and communications tool and an invaluable means of reaching employees, customers and partners with vital information.
- Offers complete multi-function device integration. Through integration with Canon®, HP®, Konica Minolta®, Ricoh® and Xerox®, customers can now centralize all faxing from all sources through GFI FaxMaker.
- Supports both Microsoft Exchange® 2012 and Windows® 8.
GFI FaxMaker 2013 is available now for as little as $31 per user for an annual license that includes a one year Service Maintenance Agreement (SMA). This includes installation on one GFI FaxMaker Server and includes four fax lines on that server. Unlimited user licenses and additional fax lines are also available.